Welcome to Surdists United!
Surdists United is a nonprofit 501c3 entity and a collective movement of visual artists, filmmakers, poets, storytellers, writers, & performers committed to creating art about Deaf experiences and social justice through ARTivism.
Our purpose is to:
– create books, videos, artworks etc about Deaf people
– build a network of artists/performers/writers whose works are committed to social justice and social equality
– seek opportunities and support for artistic expressions about Deaf experiences for justice
– promote the inclusion of Surdism works in galleries, museums, theatres, and publications
– organize and engage in peaceful non-violent activism while utilizing artistic expressions (via parades, vigils, workshops etc)
– provide workshops, teach-ins, artist-in-residencies, and consultation about Surdism and activism
– produce Deaf-centered materials for Deaf and Hearing children, youth, adults, families, schools and communities (See Surdists United books and curriculum)
Join our Facebook group
For more info on each of our books,
see the drop down Our Books menu
For info on the Sign Union flag, Deaf artists, ARTivism, etc, see the INFO drop down menu at top.
Surdists United Newsletters